Dental implants in Sarasota, FL are very common. Sarasota is a city in Southeastern Florida with many residents who opt for dental implants for one reason or another. If you are thinking of improving your smile and oral function with dental implants, here are some helpful things to know.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the invisible pieces used to support faux teeth. When you think of false teeth, you might be thinking of your grandparent’s teeth in a cup of water next to their bed. This is very different! Dental implants give patients a permanent replacement for lost teeth. The dental implant is placed in the actual jawbone, where it resides permanently. The faux tooth—known as a crown—is then attached to an abutment, which is attached to the dental implant. The only part that is visible to the naked eye is the crown. The dental implant is in the jawbone, beneath the gum line. Thus, the dental implant process is actually a three-stage process; the dental implant, the abutment, and then the crown.
Reasons to Consider Dental Implants in Sarasota Florida
There are lots of reasons to consider dental implants in Sarasota, FL:
1. Dental implants have been around for over 30 years. Their efficacy has been proven again and again.
2. Dental implants help restore missing teeth. There’s absolutely no reason you have to go around with a gap due to a lost tooth.
3. Dental implants safeguard remaining teeth. If you do have a gap due to a missing tooth, it’s imperative that you take action to prevent the remaining teeth from loosening and/or falling out. Dental implants help because the faux tooth acts as a placeholder.
4. Dental implants can replace dentures. Hardly anyone wants to wear dentures anymore. Dentures can be uncomfortable and sift position when you’re trying to eat or speak. Dental implants can be an effective replacement for dentures.
5. Dental implants can replace bridges. Bridges can be another nuisance appliance. If you wear a bridge, consider fixing the issue permanently with dental implants.
6. Dental implants fix your broken smile. Few people like to smile with missing, cracked or decaying teeth. With the “magic” of dental implants, you can enjoy having a brilliant smile again.
Talk to your dentist about the option of dental implants in Sarasota, FL. Your dentist will be able to advise you on whether or not you’re a good candidate for dental implants.
What Are The Different Kinds of Dental Implants?
There are two kinds of dental implants to be aware of:
Endosteal is a dental implant that is inserted into the jawbone. This is the most common type of dental implant.
Subperiosteal is a dental implant that is inserted either above or on the jawbone. The subperiosteal dental implant is frequently used if the jawbone is not in a good enough condition to support an endosteal dental implant or when the patient does not want to have a one augmentation procedure.
How You Can Benefit From Sarasota, FL Dental Implants
Dental implants are very much worth it! There are loads of benefits to enjoy, including;
- freedom from dentures and denture adhesives
- freedom from bridges
- improved strength in the jawbone
- enhanced smile
- more confidence and self-esteem
- easier chewing and biting
- better speaking abilities
- freedom from worrying about your missing teeth
If you and your dentist have discussed dental implants, or if you’re only just thinking about them, now’s the time to take action. The sooner you get dental implants, the sooner you can enjoy all these benefits!
How to Talk to Your Dentist About Dental Implants in Sarasota, Florida
Are you wondering how to broach the subject of dental implants with your dentist? Start by just asking if you can talk about the various options available to you. Make a list of questions you may have about dental implants so that you can walk away with all the answers you are seeking. Ask your dentist if there are any brochures you can take 江苏快三 with you to read at your own leisure. Sometimes your dentist may be able to show you a physical model of a dental implant and crown so you can better understand exactly how it looks and how it all fits together. Once you have all the information about dental implants, you’ll be better informed and able to make the right decision for your lifestyle and needs.
Dental implants can be positively life changing, as you can imagine. If you think you might be a candidate for dental implants, contact us today to book an appointment. We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have about this wonderful dental procedure!